Pages

Monday, May 31, 2021

Bringing in the washing

Quick post and run

Whilst bringing in the washing today, my wife called to tell me she'd found an interesting beetle on one of the jumpers. I went to have a look and was met with the sight of a reed beetle.

It keyed quite easily (after an initial to-ing and fro-ing over the elytra ends couplet bit) to Donacia clavipes

Looking at my records I don't appear to have recorded this before so not only was it a garden tick but it also was a completely new beetle for me. 

It's amazing the difference the warmth and sun is making to the garden. So much life appearing. The Green woodpeckers are feeding chicks in our willow tree and I an now hear the begging chicks. By the time they fledge you can hear them inside the house with all the doors and windows closed, they're that loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment