Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Sussudio

When I was growing up Phil Collins was everywhere and then suddenly he wasn't. 

Why am I talking about an 70s and 80s musician in a blog predominantly about nature, well....every time I hear the word pseudoscorpion it makes me thing of the Collins track, Sussudio.

And that was what I was humming to myself as I walked around late one night last week with a torch looking at trees.

I was on the hunt for the biggest of the UK's pseudoscorpions, Dendrochernes cyrneus, aka the Large Tree-chernes. 

Apparently associated with ancient woodland, these certainly hadn't read the memo and were on a variety of tree species around a local golf course. They were easy to spot and when the light was on them, waved their hands in the air almost as if they just didn't care. Awsome.



No comments:

Post a Comment