Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Getting ahead

I got a long expected tick yesterday, well it wasn't a tick it was a louse. The head louse Pediculus humanus.

Both kids had had itchy heads for a couple of days but try as I might I couldn't see anything. However, some adults appeared yesterday and they were easy enough to spot.



Being completely bald it's not something I need to worry about but everyone else has now been shampooed and combed profusely.

I never had them as a child and don't really remember any one else getting them either, but there always seem to be outbreaks at my kids' school.

I'm not really sure of the reason. Financial cuts to schools leading to a loss of school nurses? People having generally cleaner, and therefore more attractive to lice, hair. Who knows.

Anyway, not a species I particularly want to see up close again......

No comments:

Post a Comment