Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2022

My faith in the fire

Whilst on my laptop this morning, catching up on the shit show that is world and UK news and having a cup of coffee I noticed this small beetle by the fire place crawling up the wall.


Only my second record of Attagenus pellio aka the Two-spotted Carpet Beetle. Both records have been been from home. The first was beaten from flowering hawthorn down the bottom of the garden a few years ago. This one presumably came down the chimney. A coleopterous Father Christmas if you will. 

A good reminder to get the chimney swept at some point....

I've already used Kiss the Carpet lyrics in a previous post title so went with the equally awesome Burn. Probably the Sisters of Mercy at their absolute height. There's also a very good Radio 1 Kid Jensen session from 83 available too. Too young to have seen them first time around. Had to wait til 1992 before I finally caught up with them. Good though!

No comments:

Post a Comment