Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Cherubim and Seraphim...and Nephilim

The Bank Holiday saw some glorious weather and on Monday night the temperature stayed around the 10 degree mark so decided to put the moth trap out again. I was rewarded with 20 species include 2 individuals of the catchily named Pseudoswammerdamia combinella. This is a new one for the garden and a new one for me. A small moth but a real looker up close. The new Jim Wheeler Micro Moth Book gives it the name Copper-tipped Ermine and if you look closely it does have a metallic rear end.


I also had the second garden record of Seraphim. I love moth names.


And as it sounds similar and is also a biblical reference how about a bit of the Nephilim to finish things off. Great song :) Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That is one monster of a track! Haven't listened to that for months - I'm going on a FOTN YouTube rampage right now, 'Trees Come Down' is also EPIC :)

    ReplyDelete