Pages

Monday, September 13, 2021

And I feel, so much depends on the weather

Just like Clifden Nonpareils, everyone seems to be recording Dewick's Plusia. Both have gone from being mysterious rarities, the things of south coast migration sites to almost common place in a very short time.

However, unlike a big blue beast I had yet to see a Dewick's Plusia. That is until I opened the trap this morning and there it was sat atop an egg carton in all its plush glory.

Like a tiny stealth bomber, come to feed on yer nettles.

In a more 'traditional' pose, with its bumps all showing

I suspect it will be the first of many but I doubt I'll ever get bored of them. I wonder what the next 'winner' species is going to be...... Answers on a postcard.

Post title link comes from Stone Temple Pilots, 







No comments:

Post a Comment