Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

She got red eyes, she wear dust

So back in the mists of time I was a goth, Make-up, big hair, the whole shebang. One of my favourite bands was (and still is) The Sisters of Mercy. The early singles and the first two albums are still amazing to listen to. The third... not so much. The AOR production hasn't aged as well.

Anyway the whole point of this preamble being that the Sisters provide the tenuous blog title link. The title is the opening gambit of the song Kiss the Carpet. I was struggling to think of any reference to carpets but luckily the Sisters had my back.

Awkward segue into Carpet Beetles...

Despite having almost no carpets in the house, I've been finding quite a few of these beasts in the house on window frames. I suspect they have been coming in through open doors and windows but given that I have lots of beetle specimens in the house, their presence makes me nervous, as they can easily destroy a reference collection, given half the chance!

I've been checking every other day for any sign of the wee ****ers in my storage boxes and as yet no sign, but I think I may just pop them in the chest freezer for a couple of weeks to be on the safe side.

I normally just dispatch the only species I see here, Anthrenus verbasci but I did take the time to pay them some quality time yesterday. They are extremely beautiful beetles. If they only didn't do what they do .....



And as for the aural inspiration... Here it is,

3 comments:

  1. "Inspiral Carpet Beetles: This is how it feels to be lonely" :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GEN.I.US!! She comes in the fall (well, spring)

      Delete