Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Three new garden moths

Until today, I didn't believe that clearwings existed. People talked about them but I had no evidence that they were actually a tangible entity.

A bit like an omnipotent deity, really.

Until today. Today, one of my lures actually worked. Most seem to be duff but one of them finally pulled in one of these mythical creatures. Unfortunately, it came in, flew around, landed, let me look at it and then I failed to net it and it flew off. So I have no record except that which was burned upon my retina.

Yellow-legged Clearwing. Lovely. Now for the rest of them.....

I also had two new micros for the garden in the MV last night.

Blastodacna hellerella and Ancylis achatana both rather lovely looking things and both feeders on hawthorn. And there's quite a bit of that about .




No comments:

Post a Comment