Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

Now that's a good looking spider..

After saying that I wasn't looking at spiders, new and seemingly easy to identify ones seem to be throwing themselves at me.

Have just spent a rather lovely three days in coastal Suffolk, staying in Aldeburgh and visiting Dunwich cliffs, Rendlesham forest and Walberswick.

Primarily a family break, but did manage a few beetles and other bits and pieces. 

The heaths had Dartford Warblers and Green Tiger Beetles but the forest didn't have too much partly due to the weather, but I did stumble across this fabulous looking creature, Diaea dorsata


I'm not aware I've ever seen one of these before, so glad I stopped when I did and noticed it scuttling around a sign post. Another spider on the list! Might even hit double figures soon

1 comment: